NARASIMHA MURTHY A.V., 1935
Murthy is a leading scholar in the disciplines of History, Archaeology,
Epigraphy, Numismatics and Cultural Studies of Karnataka. He served in the University of Mysore for a long time and retired as a professor and Head of the department
of Ancient History and Archaeology in 1995. He has been writing informative and
analytical articles on the culture of Karnataka extensively even after his
retirement. He is currently the chairman of the Bharatiya Vidyabhavan, Mysore. ‘Narasimhapriya’ is the title of the felicitation
volume presented to him. Some of his important works are as follows:
- ‘Indian Coin Heritage’ 2004, Mumbai, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan.
- ‘Shringeri’, 2005, Abhijnana, Bangalore
- ‘Some aspects of early historic archaeology and numismatics in
Karnataka’, 1991, Dept. of Ancient History and Archaeology, University of Madras, Madras.
- ‘Karnataka Shasana Sampattu’, 1973, I.B.H. Prakashana, Bangalore
- ‘The Coins of Karnataka’, 1975, Geetha Book House, Mysore.
- ‘The Sevunas of Devagiri’, 1971, Rao and Raghavan, Madras.
- ‘Bharateeya NaaNyagaLu’, 1971.
- ‘Prachina Bharata’, 1972, Geetha Book House, Mysore.
- ‘Eradu Hanategalu’, 2006, Talakina Venkannaiah Smaraka Grantha
- ‘Karnataka’, 2007,
Directorate of Archaeology and Museums, Mysore.
- ‘Kannada Lipiya Ugama mattu
Vikasa’, 1968, Mysore University.
- ‘Excavations at Banavasi’,
1997, Directorate of Archaeology and Museums.
- ‘Samskritika Bruhadbharata’, 1971, Kannada Adhyayana
Samsthe, Mysore University, Mysore.
- ‘Hemakuta : Recent Researches In
Archaeology And Museology’ (2 Volumes) (C.M.R. Kotraiah Felicitation
Volume) 2001, Edited By A.V. Narasimha Murthy and others)
- ‘Narsiṁhapriyā’ (prof.
A.V.N. Murthy felicitation volume, 2 volumes): essays on Indian
Archaeology, Epigraphy, Numismatics, Art, Architecture, Iconography, and
Cultural History, 2000, Edited By Inguva Karthikeya
Sarma, D. V. Devaraj and Ram Gopal, Published by Sundeep Prakashan.
is interested in journalism also and published a number of articles in popular
news papers and periodicals.
Home / Scholars