- Title of the Work: ‘Govaidya’ – gOvaidya-‘ಗೋವೈದ್ಯ’
- Author :
- Period : 1125 A.D.
(Approximately) He was under the patronage of Vikramaditya-6, the Chalukya
- Subject Matter: Veterinary
- Brief Introduction: This is probably the
first work in Kannada on veterinary sciences. It is surmised that
Keerthivarma was a brother of Vikramaditya-6. There is detailed exposition
of the diseases of cattle and their cure in this work. In addition to this
the author has preached kindness to animals.
- History of Publication: Unpublished. Only manuscript available in
the Kuvempu Institute of Kannada
Studies, Mysore University. Corrupt manuscript.
- Further Readings and links: Nil
- Translation: Nil
Home / Knowledge Bases